I recently worked at McMaster's Computing
Infrastructure Research Centre, located in McMaster
Innovation Park. I was working to improve the DOCSIS cable
industry by applying the latest in machine learning developments to
reduce system faults and improve plant operations. Partnered with a
global hardware vendor, I also worked to build a real-time platform
for the mass control and analytics of DOCSIS systems.
During my previous work term at CIRC, I was building systems to
help advance data centre infrastructure management (DCIM)
I anticipate on completing my undergraduate degree in the Spring
May 2018 - Jan. 2019
- Researched the use of machine learning to predict,
detect, and localize faults in DOCSIS cable
- Engineered a centralized, high availability telemetry
platform for a hardware vendor, Hitron
Technologies. The goal of the cloud platform is to
automate the collection of DOCSIS and hardware data from 25
million devices. The platform allows for advanced
capabilities such as bulk firmware upgrades and dynamic
May 2017 - Sept. 2017
- Designed and implemented a custom monitoring and control
platform to aid in the research and development of
intelligent data centres.
- Created a data collection, aggregation, processing, and
visualization platform for a centralized threat detection
system. The system was interfaced with numerous higher
education institutions across Canada.
Languages & Platforms
- Golang, Node.js, Python, Java, PHP, ELK Stack, MQTT, AMQP,
- IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, IP + firewall management, DNS, IDS,
- macOS, Linux (Debian + Ubuntu, CentOS + RHEL), FreeBSD,
Due to NDAs, I cannot publish or discuss many of my projects. All
of my public ones may be located on GitHub.
More will be pushed to GitHub soon. I promise.
May 2017, 2018
- Dean’s Honour List
- Dean’s Excellence Entrance Award
Ministry of Education
- Premier’s Award
Max and Stella Rotman
- Humanitarian Youth Award
B.A.Sc. Honours Computer Science
Sept. 2016 - May 2020 (expected)
- Communications Director of McMaster Computer Science
- Official McMaster Engineering ambassador at open house
and external promotion events.
- Tour facilitator for the McMaster Faculty of